It takes a village
Welcoming a baby into the world is one of life’s greatest experiences and Providence St. Jude is proud to provide personalized maternity services to its community — but our work is not done. With your support, we can continue upgrading department resources and services to ensure families and their little bundles of joy have a seamless experience.
Learn how you can help expecting families as they embrace a new journey by contacting the Foundation at: 714-992-3033 or SJMF@providence.org.
Our Family Caring for Your Family
Donor support for maternity services will help expand compassionate care
Providence St. Jude Medical Center’s award-winning and “mom approved” maternity services offer lifechanging support during the various stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery. With a focus on caring for the mind, body and spirit, Providence St. Jude welcomes over 2,300 babies into the world each year and believes in providing only the best for its community. Its wide range of comprehensive outpatient and inpatient services include:
- Concierge service: a complimentary service that helps mothers take care of tasks before/ after birth, allowing more bonding time with newborns.
- Level III NICU: forever committed to the health and well-being of our patients, offers round-the-clock, state-of-the-art care to critically ill newborns.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation: this specialized form of physical therapy can eliminate symptoms patients may experience after delivery.
- Educational classes: from prenatal health to breastfeeding basics and everything in between, our classes support patents in caring for their child.
“We have all the bells and whistles of a big academic center but can bring a small community experience to our patients,” says Jeong Leon, DNP, MHA, RNC-OB, EFM-C, executive director of nursing for women and children’s services. “Our team is extremely passionate about our mothers receiving the best care and experiencing a warm welcome.”
It’s the medical center’s main priority to ensure parents have access to the education and resources needed for a healthy delivery while also experiencing the same level of supportive care during labor and postpartum. However, Providence St. Jude would not be the premier choice for maternity care without the help of our supporters.
What we’ve accomplished together
In collaboration with our loyal community of philanthropic supporters, Providence St. Jude has added new resources to help newborns thrive during their early moments of life:
- Stryker© Nära bassinets: upgraded all bassinets for more ergonomic support, safety, improved visibility and interaction for mothers to their newborns.
- Giraffe OmniBed Carestations: designed using advanced technology to provide family-centered care solutions, controlled thermal environments, warmth during transport, and improved patient access and visibility for newborns within the NICU.
- NICU transport monitors and transducer system: intended for transport incubators to maintain neutral thermal environment, continuous cardiopulmonary monitoring and mechanical ventilation for preemies during transportation.
- AngelEye IRIS camera: placed at the baby’s bedside, this advanced camera enables families to view and speak to their hospitalized baby, promoting bonding and reducing anxiety for distant parents.
- Modern labor and delivery ultrasounds: improves clinicians’ visibility and understanding of a mother’s labor progression and monitors the health and development of a baby before delivery.
Jeong has a special message for supporters who have helped make these accomplishments possible. “Our babies have no voice, so we have to be their voice. Thank you for listening to their needs and providing them with the best start. For our moms, you have taken a little off their plates. A little truly goes a long way and you have allowed them to cherish the memorable moments that go by so fast. On behalf of everyone, thank you for creating a beautiful beginning.”
Navigating the Cancer Journey
Minutes that make a difference
The heart of the matter
A life devoted to caring
Leaving a legacy through giving
One of the best ever
A record-breaking event
Together, we can provide care that transforms lives, now and for years to come.